BBC Internal Audit sits within BBC’s Quality, Risk & Assurance division which aims to keep the BBC safe, secure and well run. Our Internal Audit team ensures that the BBC’s strategic and operational risks are understood and effectively managed. Its remit is the entire BBC Group, including commercial subsidiaries. Internal Audit, via the Director of Internal Audit, maintains an independent reporting line to the BBC Audit and Risk Committee. The in-house audit team consists of 10 staff, but draws upon a range of third party co-source providers and external subject matter experts to deliver the majority of audits
Senior Auditors perform a key role, undertaking audits, assessing the management and control of risk, and working collaboratively to complete the audit work within planned timescales and within the established quality guidelines. Auditors work independently, as part of a wider team and jointly with third party providers.
The Senior Auditor will manage audit work and relationships with key BBC stakeholders in order to:
- Prepare detailed audit testing plans that focus on key risks. This will involve gathering information by meeting people at all levels across the BBC.
- Carry out rigorous audit testing, flexing work plans in response to findings and emerging risks.
- Acknowledge issues, impacts, root causes and recommendations with management throughout the course of audit assignments.
- Act as an advocate for internal control, sharing expertise within the team and encouraging best practice behaviours across the business.
- Write clear, concise, robust and balanced audit reports.
- Lead or participate in tasks, projects or secondments to meet departmental or BBC objectives.
Are you the right candidate?
- Successful applicants will have at least one of the following professional qualifications as appropriate to the role:
- Qualified Accountant through a recognised professional body (e.g. ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (UK)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
In addition, we are looking for:
- Internal Audit experience within a organisations of a comparable size or complexity to the BBC, or experience within an auditing practice.
- Ability to observe and understand business processes to documented them accurately, identify and record weaknesses and areas for improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of groups and individuals.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel. The role requires frequent travel to other UK locations and occasional international travel.
It is preferred that applicants have:
- In depth knowledge of audit systems, such as Teammate
- Experience of data analytics using SQL and/ or advanced excel.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham preferred but could be based in London
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here