The Economics and Business Centre is part of BBC Newsgathering – which provides news reports for television, radio and online/mobile platforms both in the UK and internationally. The Economics and Business Centre provides video, audio and online content of the highest possible editorial and technical standard.
The Singapore bureau is the Asia hub for business news, covering business and economic stories across digital and broadcast platform in the UK and internationally. The bureau produces the Asia morning primetime business programme, Asia Business Report on BBC World News.
As a Senior Broadcast Journalist, you will be joining a team which produces Asia Business Report.
This position, based in our Singapore bureau, involves planning and outputting (line-producing) a ten-minute business news programme across five hours.
You will also be responsible for originating stories and treatments that will engage our audiences in Asia and around the world.
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant experience in television production
- Ability to write clean and conversational television copy
- Good knowledge of business and economic affairs, particularly in Asia, and strong news judgement
- Creative journalist who always keeps top of mind that television is a visual medium, finding ways to tell business stories that engage the audience in Asia
- A self-starter who can work independently
- Proven ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural organizational environment
- Ability to work cooperatively within a small team of journalists in a high-pressure environment
- Familiarity with using digital platforms to source stories, guests and treatments.
2 vacancies - 1 x 8 month and 1 x 6 month fixed term contract
Based in Singapore
Local terms and conditions apply
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you receiving approval for the right to work in Singapore.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here