Senior Business Analyst
Are you an experienced professional with business vision? Want the chance to make your mark? Then it’s time to consider a career with the BBC
We are responsible for providing business analysis expertise within the Infrastructure Services, Operations and Commercial Team in Design and Engineering. Our primary focus is to gather the business requirements, understand business process and identify key benefits for successful technical delivery of the portfolio of products and transformational change programmes.
We manage the business requirements, observe and document our business process, looking to continuously refine and improve on our existing capability. We know our business and provide excellent stakeholder engagement and facilitation. Our technical products are integral to BBC production, for our television and radio stations, for our online and social media services, including continuous hosting and connectivity for all of our enterprise systems.
We deliver these services to the entirety of the BBC in the UK and globally. We look for the step changes in enterprise technologies and how they can benefit the BBC, from exciting new ways to collaborate, to our production workflows and the everyday applications and services we use. Reviewing and improving our business and system processes, documenting them to a quality standard, whilst removing waste and duplication. Looking to target value processes to deliver long term benefits for the BBC and our audiences.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will:
- Be Responsible and interact with multi-disciplined teams, a top notch communicator and facilitator to expedite initial feasibility discussion, working on solution design, defining business justification to ensure a clear understanding of the “why” and the “what” of the business or technical change being proposed.
- Take ownership of gathering and articulating business and technical requirements, (both functional and none functional) documenting accurately., to ensure all requirements are clear, valid and traceable to contribute to a well-defined business case and solution delivery.
- Lead, design and facilitate workshops, interview and meet with business stakeholders and their delegates to understand, capture and document existing business process and desired changes, using standard process modelling techniques to create the ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ picture.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of End User Compute business processes and systems, to identify areas for potential process improvement, ensuring that knowledge is shared appropriately for collaboration
Are you the right candidate?
- Excellent Office 365 knowledge
- Deep knowledge of business and data analysis tools and techniques such as: requirements engineering, structured analysis and design, process mapping and component business modelling and business process re-engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to get the message across and relate to the audience
- Manages professional relationships effectively; listens, encourages discussion and promotes two way communication
- Comprehensive knowledge of project lifecycle delivery as a business analyst in a technical environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical product management and development methodologies, underpinned by strong software design principles
- Experience of a variety of project management methods both iterative and waterfall, applied in business to business, or business to consumer solutions
- Ability to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts and be able to explore them systematically
- Strong planning and organisational skills; able to juggle competing priorities and take the appropriate course of action
- Has high levels of resilience, able to take input and run with a task, works on own initiative, can direct others
Grade: 9D (Proposed Band D)
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community – we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- A variety of technical challenges – we work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.