We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our Analytics Services team.
Our team creates data collection tools that are used across the BBC’s products and environments to collect audience data. Our mission is to ‘make it as painless as possible to get analytics data on a BBC product.’’ We help product teams make informed decisions by providing accurate and up-to-date information, that helps the BBC better understand it’s audience. You will be working on software that adds real value to millions of (BBC) users and working in a team, solving problems together with many other teams.
Our team is based in Cardiff but we are all working remotely.
The Ideal Candidate
- Thorough knowledge of business and data analysis tools and techniques such as requirements engineering, structured analysis and design, process mapping and component business modelling, business process re-engineering.
- Communication skills - both written and spoken - using a variety of methods; the ability to get the message across and relative to the audience.
- Thorough knowledge of project lifecycle delivery methodologies (iterative and waterfall) in a technical environment.
- Ability to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts and to explore them systematically.
- Resilient and able to take input and deliver on a task; works on own initiative; can direct others.
Contract type: 9 Month Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
Location: UK Flexible
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here