Senior Commercial Analyst - Ventures
Help shape the future of the BBC
This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their career at one of the world’s greatest brands, using their strategic, commercial and analytical skills to help define how audiences will engage with the BBC in the future.
BBC Distribution & Business Development’s Ventures team is working to define how, in a rapidly changing media landscape, audiences will be discovering and consuming BBC content through the next decade and developing the partnerships that ensure the best user experiences and that the BBC remains innovative, prominent and available to everyone.
We do this through our focus on:
- leadership of the BBC’s long term distribution strategy, including the migration to internet (IP) distribution for TV and radio
- maximising the value of the BBC’s investment in TV and radio platform joint ventures Freeview, YouView, Freesat and Radioplayer
- ensuring the BBC’s distribution choices deliver value for money and maximising the potential commercial return from the BBC’s distribution assets
You will be an engaging individual who excels at balancing strategic and tactical decisions. Bringing a wide-ranging skill set, you will demonstrate an ability to make a valuable contribution in the following areas:
- Strategy – Providing analysis that contributes towards the development of the BBC’s strategy for migration to IP distribution
- Commercial – Supporting successful outcomes in complex projects and transactions
- Product – supporting the technologies, projects and joint venture companies that promote Free-to-Air TV and radio in the UK
Are you the right candidate?
- Be keen to develop – Bringing an interest in commercial and business strategies and a desire to develop a rounded profile
- Be influential –Building trusted relationships and work with people at all levels across the organisation and the wider industry
- Be analytical – Demonstrating financial literacy and the ability to develop scenarios, analyse complex data
- Be creative – Proposing innovative solutions to commercial and strategic challenges
*Please see the attached job description for more information.
Please note that internally, this role is called a Senior Distribution Analyst
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here