Senior Communications Specialist- Events
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Comms England team (based in Salford or Birmingham) to deliver an outstanding and varied programme of external affairs activity across England.
You will support the BBC England team to ensure all events and external affairs activities are communicated clearly focusing on raising the profile of BBC’s creative and economic value outside of London.
You will deliver clear measurements of all activity to assess effectiveness and impact and be a task manager for the Communications Officer.
Are you the right candidate?
- A record of achievement in external affairs, particularly engaging with senior opinion-formers and underserved groups.
- Expertise in delivering safe and creative events and using new ideas and technology to make events more innovative.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- The ability to work under pressure, with competing demands and to tight deadlines.
- A demonstrable knowledge of England’s political and economic landscape and the country’s creative, digital and cultural sectors.
- A high level of interpersonal skills to enable the post holder to establish and maintain credibility and effective working relationships with a wide range of contacts at different levels externally and internally.
- Experience of working with talent.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham or Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here