BBC Scotland’s Multiplatform Digital Short Form team is an innovative and agile unit delivering digital first short form content for online, iPlayer and TV. Current strands include Tune & Loop for BBC Scotland. This small team has innovated in content capture during the various stages of Covid-19 lockdowns to deliver diverse coverage of music and the arts in challenging times. We are looking for a Senior Content Producer for eight months to support this team in developing ideas for 21/22 and navigating the final edit and delivery of the Tune & Loop TV deliveries over the next few months.
We are looking for a confident, imaginative Senior Content Producer with proven ability in leading a team and managing multiple projects, partners and stakeholders. As well as fulfilling some content producer duties themselves, they should be able to lead, advise and motivate a small, multiskilled team on a daily basis, make informed decisions and liaising with colleagues and partners within and without the BBC.
Working within the BBC Scotland Digital Production Department, they will be able to oversee the daily duties that ensure that the shortform team runs smoothly and delivers commissions on time and on budget. They will be technically adept, produce plenty of great ideas, have an excellent knowledge of contemporary culture and an obvious passion for digital and social media and how it connects with audiences.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will:
- be very knowledgeable on Covid-19 industry guidance and risk management to remove barriers for the team and ensure their work is undertaken as safely as possible.
- be adept at managing multiple stakeholders and digital deliverables.
- have a command of high volume, low-cost Digital production techniques based around Adobe Creative Cloud (or similar) and a willingness to support in all aspect of the production cycle
- have a track record in leading a team to deliver multiple projects on time and on budget.
- have a broad knowledge of music and arts across Scotland, combined with the ability to lead regular ideas sessions, to ensure diverse representation and portrayal in Scotland.
- have a solid working knowledge of BBC Editorial Guidelines or willingness to pick them up quickly and apply with confidence
Contract type: eight-month FTC/Attachment
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here