Senior Contracts Manager - Local News Partnerships
The BBC's Local News Partnerships (LNPs) support established media outlets of all sizes to provide an ongoing commitment to the production of public interest journalism for local or regional audiences.
We're now recruiting a Senior Contracts Manager to take overall responsibility for 11 Local Democracy Reporting Service (LDRS) Supplier contracts responsible for the employment of 144 Local Democracy Reporters. This role is an integral part of the service delivery and requires a collaborative candidate who can demonstrate flexibility in this role.
- Manage the overall performance and retain responsibility for the successful delivery of the LDRS contracts. Act as an escalation point for contractual, operational and risk management issues and disputes.
- Lead quarterly contract reviews with suppliers and support the various other governance forums involved in the oversight of the LDRS.
- Own the development of the supplier relationships, maintaining and enhancing the joint objectives of the relationship between the BBC and the LDRS Suppliers. Demonstrate that the contract continues to deliver the objectives signed off by the Executive Board.
- Support the LNP annual review process by reporting on the status of the relationship, performance management measures and spend against forecast.
- Add strategic value to the contract by introducing best practice processes and ensuring that the BBC continues to achieve value for money.
- Ensure the supplier performance is tracked and delivered in line with agreed metrics.
- Build relationships with external counterparts and executive communities of practice to keep ahead and abreast of emerging trends, ideas and industry / sector insights into supplier relationship management
- Financial management including the preparation of financial summaries to track supplier spend and provision of quarterly updates to the finance team.
Are you the right candidate?
- In-depth knowledge and experience of contracts and contract management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to ensure credibility and effective working relationships with key senior contacts internal and external to the BBC.
- Proven expert in managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, but specifically at senior executive level.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here