BBC Creative is the BBC’s in-house Creative agency; our purpose is to make as many people as possible love and value the BBC, by creating campaigns that will leave a positive mark on popular culture. We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Creative (Promo Director) to join our Promo Direction team.
Within BBC Creative we have teams of Promotions Directors who are responsible for producing and editing compelling trailers for use on BBC TV channels as well as other platforms. They need to be multi-skilled Creatives who can write and edit as well as directing talent and other contributors. Working in brand teams, our Promo Directors aim to create truly stand-out promotions to draw specific audiences to BBC content.
As a Senior Promo Director, you will act as a mentor to Junior Creatives, and oversee/sign off their work. You will also manage the biggest and most important trailers for TV/Digital platforms.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send us your showreel!
- As a Senior Creative you will oversee and sign off creative work from more junior creatives in the team and will lead and mentor them
- Working to a Marketing Brief, you will devise and script targeted multi-platform trailers for BBC channels & services (including paid-media social assets)
- You'll edit programme material to create compelling promotions for use on TV and digital platforms and also generate additional content (e.g. directing video shoots)
- Working closely with a Production Team you’ll ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- You will manage the key relationships with our Marketing colleagues and other stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate
This role requires an experienced Creative, who would have gained strong skills and experience working within the creative department of a Broadcaster.
We're looking for someone with great Conceptual thinking / Script writing skills for promotions, with strong self-op editing skills (our team currently use AVID) and previous experience in directing talent (e.g. V/O artists).
For this role you will also need to have excellent communication, stakeholder management and pitching skills, and be seen as a Promo Direction expert, as you will be handling the biggest, most high profile trailers for TV & Digital Platforms.
You have great leadership potential, with some previous team management/mentoring experience, and the ability to mentor and develop more junior members of the team. Finally, you're passionate about BBC content, and are looking to make a difference in the way we engage with our Audiences.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Follow us to see our latest work:
Contract type: Permanent, Full time
Location: London or Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here