Senior Data Analyst - Archives
The Senior Data Analyst will join the existing Data Team within Archives, who are responsible for the data analytics, correction, augmentation and cleansing of archive data, principally on MySQL and PostgreSQL platforms. The post-holder will be involved in data activities covering digitisation and accessibility of content, asset safety and assurance and operational analytics. The post deals with a wide range of business stake holders within the department and across the wider BBC.
As an expert in data analytics tools, you’ll carry out analysis to provide insights to BBC Archives teams. As the lead analyst on data projects you’ll liaise directly with stakeholders to understand their requirements, refine reports & datasets and present results to a variety of usergroups. BBC Archives actively seeks to embed data insights into operational processes and as such you’ll promote the work of the team and the opportunities provided via data analysis across a large and varied department. The role offers an excellent opportunity to join a small proactive team carrying out a wide range of data management activities.
Are you the right candidate?
- Knowledge of DB2, PostgreSQL, ETL tools and Jasper Reports or equivalent
- Able to pose hypotheses, challenge assumptions, and uncover best practices in data analysis
- Discover and manipulate data using a variety of analytical tools
- Able to write advanced SQL code
- Create compelling reports using database, web analytics and graphical data
- Deliver data and findings in context, working with the relevant Archive Managers
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here