The BBC are seeking a permanent Senior Data Analyst, based in London.
This role sits within the BBC's Customer Insight team and works with a wide range of stakeholders and insight partners to help us identify opportunities to improve the value that our audience get from the breadth of the BBC's services.
- Supporting the development of our pan-BBC customer segmentation (segment profiling, tracking, deep dives)
- Continuing to develop our understanding of Customer Value (what ‘good’ value looks like for the Licence Fee, developing our Customer-level KPI's, identifying priority audience groups for the BBC as a whole)
- Leading data analytics work to support our Marketing Plan (identifying target audiences, using data to spot our growth opportunities, developing our success measures)
- Supporting ad-hoc projects that are focused on driving Customer Value (target audience deep dives, identifying opportunities for cross-service collaboration etc)
- Developing and maintaining a small suite of dashboards that help us to make data-informed decisions to improve customer value across the BBC
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally you will have:
- Knowledge of the media landscape, measurement methodologies and research methods including online and offline channels
- Strong SQL skills
- Proficiency in one or more scripting language e.g. R, Python
- Experience of using digital analytics tools (e.g. AT Internet, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics);
- Ability to build visualisations and dashboards using tools like Tableau or R Shiny
- Experience in communicating insight to senior stakeholders (e.g. face to face debriefs, report writing)
- Self-starter mindset and an ability to manage multiple project simultaneously
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London - New Broadcasting House
- Flexible / hybrid working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here