Senior Data Analyst (Marketing Science)
This is a maternity cover role for up to 12 months.
As part of the Marketing Science team, you will help the team answering questions for the wider organisation, using a range of statistical tools and data.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our wider Data Analysis and Insight Team, which is growing and currently consists of about 40 people split into five pillars: Marketing Science, Digital Analysis, Data Science, Social Analysis, and Data Products.
- In this role, you will act as an expert in analytics tools, leveraging the full breadth of functionality to deliver maximum value to the business
- Lead, commission, undertake and deliver analytics, data and measurement projects across a range of BBC divisions. Deliver inspiring and actionable insights (rooted in robust data, analysis and measurement)
- Ensure the BBC has leading-edge analytics tools, measurement, metrics and skills; and employ those to help the business achieve its aims
- Collaborate with analysts and technical teams across the BBC
- Ensure that data, measurement, metrics and analysis are robust and in line with business requirements
Are you the right candidate?
- Strong knowledge of media, data, measurement methodologies and industry standards including online and offline channels
- Experience in Marketing Mix Modelling, preferably you have worked on brands with a high level of spend and a complex media/marketing plan
- Proficient in R, and has used the package for econometrics modelling in previous roles - ideally we are looking for experience in MMM and R, but we will also consider your application if you are proficient in one of the two.
- Ability to present complex results in a simple and comprehensive way that stakeholders will immediately understand
- Ability to think about issues and business questions with a creative approach, being able to come up with robust solutions, even when the data available is thin
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.