Senior Data Analyst - iPlayer
This is a rare opportunity to work as a Senior Data Analyst for one of the UK’s most iconic brands, BBC iPlayer. This dynamic team’s mission is to be the future of BBC television, setting ambitious goals over the next few years to double reach and quadruple viewing.
You will be working on amazing projects and cutting-edge technologies surrounded by a team of like-minded professionals from whom you can learn and grow. The analysts are all part of a “Data Force Team”. We have our own project manager who will help us prioritise work as well as our own engineers to help us optimise self serve and daily tasks.
You'll deliver in-depth data analysis and actionable insights across all platforms to support product development. We work in an agile environment ensuring everyone has a say and works collaboratively. We want to move to everything data-driven, and as a Senior Data Analyst, you'll play a key part in taking us there.
We are always looking at new technologies and ways to visualise our work. Fantastic opportunities for development and internal promotions.
- As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be responsible for leading the analytics strategy and measurement for specific teams across the business. You will also be required to support the rollout of reporting capabilities.
- Supporting the iPlayer product teams within the design and engineering department here at the BBC. Working across mobile, web and television platforms supporting product managers, business analysts and working closely with the software engineers.
- As a senior analyst, you will have the chance to mentor and develop other members of the team.
- Leading insight into how the viewers interact with the products, who they are and how we can make their experience more enjoyable and ensure they return. We work alongside Data Science and testing analysts to allow greater depth of projects.
- Seeking out proactive opportunities to use our data and experience
- All the analysts own their own work, you will have the opportunity to make connections across the business and present to all levels of stakeholders.
- Evangelising a more data-driven culture, running training, workshops and knowledge shares.
- Developing own skills in analytics-related areas keeping up to date with the latest developments in the field.
- Where appropriate, liaising with suppliers.
Are you the right candidate?
- In-depth knowledge of media analytics, data, measurement, methodologies and industry standards including online and offline channels.
- One or more scripting languages e.g SQL, R, Python
- Understanding of agile methodology & principles of product management.
- Experience of using tools such as ComScore, Optimizely, Tableau, Adobe Analytics or similar tools
- Comfortable working alongside cross-functional teams interacting with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, and Analysts
- Experience coaching of junior analysts
- Social listening and analysis systems such as Sysimos, BrandWatch, Facebook Insights
- A/B testing tools e.g. Maxymiser, Optimizely, Adobe Target
- Interest, knowledge, and experience in marketing and Data Science
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here