The User Experience and Design (UX&D) team within BBC Design & Engineering delivers the design for world-class interactive sites and services on the internet, mobile and interactive TV platforms. The team is responsible for the user experience of a wide range of products and services including; BBC iPlayer, News, Weather, bbc.co.uk Homepage, BBC Radio sites, BBC Mobile sites as well as iPhone and Android applications.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To act as a specialist in UX&D for assuring BBC digital products and services are usable by our audiences
- To define and manage all aspects of the user testing process and ensure all significant findings are fed back to Creative Directors and other key stakeholders.
- To act as an HCI specialist in UX&D who assures that BBC Digital products and services deliver a great user experience to all of our audience.
- To define, manage and implement all aspects of research during the design life cycle.
- To engage the User Experience Design team and other key stakeholders in the UCD process thus ensuring that user research is at the heart of design decision making.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience of providing advice to UX and production teams
- Understanding of HCI expertise - this includes lab studies, expert evaluations, participatory design sessions, rapid prototyping, ethnographic research methods and persona development
- Experience of employing HCI based methods and tools such as user modelling, task analysis, scenarios, use cases, wire frames, paper prototypes, labelling schemes, flow diagrams, site maps and comparative analyses
- Experience of analysing the navigation structure and interaction design of user interfaces, creating interaction design diagrams and documentation and working with other disciplines
- Proven experience in designing and conducting user research in a consumer-facing environment
- Achieved a Masters Degree in HCI (or 2 years minimum experience)
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills - the ability to communicate the reasoning behind your preferred results, methods, and approaches (orally and in writing) with
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.