We are looking for a Senior Designer to join BBC Creative, the BBC's in-house creative agency. This is a permanent role based in London.
As a Senior Designer, you will develop and deliver content, ensuring that it achieves the highest creative and editorial standards with adherence to BBC guidelines.
You will use your expertise to lead on a variety of projects and deliver to an agreed brief and on time across all platforms - you will also task manage and/or mentor more junior staff as required.
Examples of our work can be seen here:
- Accountable for the creative deliveries of a programme or project
- To produce distinctive content on a variety of platforms
- Be accountable for the quality of your work and ensure it meets intended purposes
- Be accountable for the usability and accessibility of design deliveries for the broadest cross section of audiences
- To ensure content reflects our diverse audiences
- Accountable for the delivery of content, acting within BBC Editorial, Legal and Health & Safety guidelines
- To work effectively with other departments ensuring you maintain excellent relationships throughout
- To keep up to date with emerging industry trends
- Self-starting with ability to empower teams and colleagues to focus on achieving goals
- Able to manage difficult stakeholders and deliver in ambiguous, fast-changing and complex environments
- Develop and manage positive working relationships with team members and colleagues and be able to give guidance, support and constructive feedback
- Deputising where appropriate for senior team members
- Share design expertise and creative solutions for the benefit of the audience
- Be responsible for creating a positive working environment for colleagues from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences
- Able to lead on key projects, and creatively guide other Designers
Are you the right candidate?
- Understanding of the importance of the BBC's values in accuracy and impartiality
- A passion for and a great understanding of the area in which the role operates
- Evidence of an extensive portfolio of consistently great work demonstrating creative flair
- An advanced Adobe Creative Suite User
- Able to lead an on the day team
- Proven experience of taking ideas from concept to finished product whilst driving forward creativity
- Able to talk through your design decisions with a diverse range of people and diverse range of solutions
- Comprehensive technical understanding of studio, digital and production workflows
- Working understanding of technologies involved in graphic production
- Follow the latest design trends and technology developments
- Knowledge of the target audience, their needs and expectations
- Relevant experience within the field
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London (hybrid working available)
- Flexible / hybrid working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here