The BBC are looking to recruit a Senior Digital Marketing Analyst for our Marketing Science team. This a permanent role and can be based in either London or Salford.
The purpose of this role is to help develop our understanding of audience interactions and evolve a multi-channel personalised lifecycle program into a brilliant driver of relevance and loyalty.
By supporting the optimisation of media campaigns and campaign effectiveness this role will ultimately allow our media team to drive increased audience value, tell better stories and prove business impact.
Embedded within the media team this role will:
- Bring new understanding and ideas on how we can use digital media
- Work with media managers to define a clear set of KPIs for each campaign and the continuous measurement against them
- Support the internal media team with digital media campaigns execution, from planning to tracking and evaluation.
- Be responsible for the set-up of tests to measure the effectiveness of paid digital campaigns (duration, sample size, test/control groups)
- Be responsible for the evaluation of the effectiveness digital media campaigns, with a focus on social media.
- Act as the first point of contact for all digital media campaign analysis, with a focus on social media
- Take ownership for the delivery of Tableau dashboards and other evaluation tool sets to enable regular, robust and consistent departmental campaign effectiveness reporting
- Use data insight and post activity evaluations to inform decisions that continuously improve contact selection, channel mix, content curation, next best action, journey mapping and post campaign analysis
- Review/refine existing and identify/execute new audience profiles and segmentations designed to improve activation, retention and re-engagement (including advanced predictive data modelling) at both channel and product level
- Identify and communicate key value drivers and use actionable insights and recommendations to participate fully in all strategic, tactical and campaign planning meetings
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ experience as a digital analyst (preferably in an agency)
- Fluent in R or Python
- Experienced with digital media campaign evaluation - especially social media
- Experience with test / control test set up and evaluation
- Good understanding of the UK digital media landscape
- Good understanding of how digital media campaigns are planned and executed
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London (W12/W1A) or Salford (M50)
- Flexible / hybrid working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here