The role will support the Head of Programming and Programming Manager on the development and implementation of digital brand and commercial strategies for Factual Entertainment brands (Top Gear, BBC Food, Antiques Roadshow etc), bringing to life the publishing plans from a brand and creative point of view across branded digital channels (including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Web), as well as leading on medium sized projects. The role will oversee the publishing calendar and content slate, working closely with the commercial team.
Are you the right candidate?
- A proven background in content creation and creativity within a digital space
- Experience of building and engaging online audiences
- Experience working to tight deadlines and managing key stakeholder relationships
- Organised whilst multitasking
- An ability to deliver at pace and anticipate deadlines
- Experience of data analytics tools and campaign measurement
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Experience creating digital strategies to support commercial and non-commercial projects or campaign
- Experience managing global digital channels (Social, Web, CRM)
- Line management experience
- Understanding of editorial and other compliance policies.
- Understanding and knowledge of the broadcasting industry and an interest in output.
Contract Type: Perm/ Full time
Working Pattern: Hybrid Working (Home-based plus two/three days a week in the office)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us at email@example.com with the job reference BBC/TP/2391562/61498 in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible/agile working - opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at the offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.