Senior Distribution Manager - Ventures
Help shape the future of the BBC
The BBC has been at the cutting edge of media for almost 100 years. The BBC brand is one of the most popular and trusted in the UK and around the world. The BBC reaches well over 9 in 10 UK adults each week via its TV, radio and online services.
BBC Distribution & Business Development’s Ventures team is at the heart of defining how, in a rapidly changing media landscape, audiences will be discovering and using BBC content through the next decade and developing the partnerships that ensure we deliver the best user experiences and keep the BBC innovative, prominent and available to everyone.
We do this through our focus on:
- leadership of the BBC’s long term distribution strategy, including the migration to internet (IP) delivery on TV and radio platforms
- management of the BBC’s investment in TV platform joint ventures Freeview, YouView and Freesat
- maximising the commercial return from the BBC’s TV distribution assets
You will be an engaging individual whose excels at balancing strategic and tactical decisions. Bringing a wide-ranging skill set, you will demonstrate an ability to make a valuable contribution in the following areas:
- Strategy – Crafting the BBC’s strategy for the migration to IP distribution
- Partnerships – Managing the industry relationships that promote successful outcomes for the BBC
- Commercial – Delivering successful outcomes in complex transactions
- Technical – Understanding digital product roadmaps and broadcast technology landscapes and challenges
- Project Management – Leading complex projects relying on virtual teams that deliver against the Distribution strategy
Are you the right candidate?
- Be a leader – Develop business strategies and implementation plans and secure support from senior executives
- Be expert - Able to understand and articulate the audience, commercial, policy and financial implications of a range of strategies
- Be influential – Build trusted relationships and work with people at all levels across the organisation and the wider industry
- Enjoy negotiating – Be comfortable setting commercial strategy and handling complex deals
If a role like this at an organisation like the BBC appeals, then please click on the link and apply today.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here