Senior Front End Developer - Top Gear - Fixed Term Contract/Attachment
We are currently seeking highly talented front end specialists to join our in-house team in delivering the next iteration of our TopGear.com website. The goal of this project is to delivering a new and improved experience that reflects the current Top Gear brand and better meets our audiences' needs. Our technical solution to deliver the new site will involve migrating from our current Drupal 7 platform to a decoupled / headless Drupal 8 CMS with a React based front end. Candidates should have experience building rich user interfaces and working with REST web services.
Join a motivated group of software engineers with a supportive engineering culture. We embrace open source technologies and are passionate about performance and reliability.
- Working with project, product, business analysts & technical leads to understand requirements and develop suitable technical solutions
- Ensure solutions meet performance and security requirements
- Participating in software development methodologies, such as pairing, code reviewing, agile process and continuous delivery
- Using CI/CD & AWS technologies to implement operational & deployment infrastructure for our systems
- Troubleshooting & diagnosing problems
Are you the right candidate?
- Standards compliant, semantic HTML5
- Responsive design
- REST web services
- Test automation
- Version control systems (we use Git)
- Experience with pattern libraries
- SEO knowledge
- Continuous integration
Contract type: Fixed Term/Attachment
Location: London, W12
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here