The BBC's Birmingham based HR Service Centre are passionate about working with colleagues to put world-class creative content on the air. Whether it’s Strictly Come Dancing, the Radio One Breakfast Show or the latest must-watch boxset on BBC iPlayer, all employees will play a big part in helping the BBC to inform, educate and entertain our audiences.
Every day, the HR Service Centre provides services to over 20,000 colleagues and freelancers. We’re looking for outstanding people who…
- Take the initiative to ask questions to understand what colleagues need
- Get energy from working with others, and taking a collaborative approach
- Like to make a difference; spotting ideas for improvement and being creative on a daily basis
- To have line management responsibility for a team of HR Administrators
- To manage the teams resource, including the allocation of tasks/activities
- Monitoring of workflow and the planning and management of the teams rota
- To assess and review team quality and productivity against our SLA’s
- To act as the initial escalation point on service delivery issues and/or complex queries requiring resolution or work with other peers/Specialist team colleagues to resolve
- To work collaboratively to improve the customer experience through the analysis of case load, identifying trends and undertaking improvement action
Please see the attached Job Description for more information.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of leadership
- Analyse information rapidly, be able to make informed judgments and provide advice on the best option to progress in line with established process
- Use standard procedures and common sense to solve problems and coach others in the standard processes within specialism; applying own judgement and criteria to adapt previous recommendations
- Driven to achieve the right result despite challenging internal/external circumstances
- Highly credible and able to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy; ensuring facts are correct, complete and consistent
- Confident in the use of data with data analytical skills
- Able to confidently challenge the organisation and/or seek support from HR leaders to address wider issues
- Consider any issues or opportunity from a number of angles, based on experience, intuition and knowledge of the organisation
- Understand how to handle, resolve and escalate enquiries; passes on information promptly
- Understand how to work effectively in a team to deliver
Contract type: Continuing
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here