Senior HR Advisor - Immigration
The role exists to deliver specialist transactional and advisory services and processing activity to the BBC workforce, providing information, managing data and executing process delivery
The role advises the workforce based on information received and knowledge of policy and process particularly for Immigration.
You will be the first point of contact to support the recruitment and HR teams in a variety of functions and tasks including advice, regulatory compliance, reporting, audits and reviews, and record keeping. Provide advice to BBC staff and managers on immigration applications related to their employment including Sponsorship and UK Permanent Residency. Undertake practical legal research and provide updates on changes in legislation and regulations relating to employing migrant workers.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Tier 2 General & Intra Company Transfer
- Provide advice to BBC managers and resourcing staff on all aspects of sponsorship under Tier 2 – both General and Intra Company Transfer - including eligibility, SOC Codes of Practice, Resident Labour Market Tests (RLMT), cooling off periods, salary levels, etc.
- Make applications for Restricted Certificates of Sponsorship as required.
- Draft and assign Certificates of Sponsorship ensuring all relevant documentation is received.
- Drafting advice and communication to clients.
Leave to enter and remain applications
UK based and already employed by BBC
- Offer advice and guidance to BBC staff in Tier 2 category on extensions of leave to remain and indefinite leave to remain.
- Have consultations with BBC staff to explain Tier 2 and indefinite leave application processes, advise on documents required and offer assistance on completing the documentation
- Prepare letters to assist their application and provide Sponsorship details.
- Retain copies of approved documentation.
- Review visa application and provide a letter to assist application. Assist with any queries regarding the Visa application process.
- Once visa has been issued, ensure details are correct before the client travels to the UK.
For full remit please access Job Description below.
Are you the right candidate?
- Computing and telephony skills
- Intermediate level of HR process knowledge / demonstrate proficiency in an area of HR specialism e.g. reward , recruitment
- Relevant law for own role (or where to access legal information if required)
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy; ensures facts are correct, complete and consistent
- Proven and effective administrative skills
- Confident in the use of data with good data analytical skills
- Considers any issues or opportunity from a number of angles, based on experience, intuition and knowledge of the organisation
- Uses standard procedures and common sense to solve problems.
- Understands how to handle and resolve escalated enquiries-.
- Understands how to work effectively in a team to deliver
- Previous experience working within an employment legal team or relevant government department.
- Experience of the Tier 2 PBS applications and process.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the understanding that the work you undertake is pivotal to the processing of visas.
Fixed-term full time contract until 31st March 2017
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.