Are you an experienced Senior HR Projects Business Partner looking for a fresh challenge whilst still utilising your HR and projects skills and knowledge? If so then read on as we are currently looking for a Senior HR Business Partner for a Fixed Term Contract to lead on some exciting new domestic and international projects through to the end of April 2023.
BBC News is a division of c6000 employees, around the UK and the world, with a footprint in over 60 countries. The division includes Network News, World Service Languages, World Service English, BBC Monitoring and Media Action. The vision of BBC News is to be ‘distinctive, trusted, engaging everyone, every day’ and we are currently undertaking a modernisation programme across BBC News to reflect the digital landscape in which we operate so that we remain the most important and trusted news organisation in the world.
This role will be a great opportunity for someone looking to broaden their experience in HR in a project based capacity as opposed to a people facing / business unit Senior HRBP role.
As a Senior trusted Business Partner you’ll be responsible for leading new key projects both domestic and International, including International compliance projects with the challenges that brings in terms of regulatory requirements in different locations.
You’ll be managing and leading restructuring type projects supported by and leading a small team of HR professionals at varying levels. As a positive facilitator you’ll be building relationships internally and externally using your strong negotiation, influencing and people skills to ensure the projects run to time frame and budget.
You will bring evidence-based practice into the organisation and support organisational effectiveness by developing and implementing solutions aligned to strategy whilst role modelling great personal and team leadership.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate must be a seasoned HR professional who has keen interest and background in project work, implementing change and restructuring. A keen eye for detail and the ability to simplify what can appear as complex at first is a distinct advantage, along with the ability to balance business needs with legal risk in a unionised environment. You must have previous experience of influencing and delivering change, and applying best practice HR within a complex environment. Strong stakeholder management and communication skills are also key to this role, alongside coaching and supporting senior stakeholders to reach the appropriate, often creative solutions and understand the impact of any decisions.
If you are resilient, curious with the ability to question when necessary and are looking to gain exposure to both UK and international HR and project work at the BBC, then this opportunity might be exactly what you are looking for.
To succeed in this role you will need:-
- Experience of working in a senior HR role (either in a Business Partnership or Centre of Excellence capacity)
- Strong organisational design and restructuring skills
- Significant project management expertise including using project tracking tools
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team to deliver projects within set budgets and time scales.
- The ability to work well with, and manage, both domestic and international projects and stakeholders.
- Experience of leading a range of business enhancing project to support wider HR strategy
- To be a strategic thinker with strong track record for building strong professional relationships and credibility across all levels of the organisation
- Possess strong influencing and communication skills
- Experience of working within a unionised environment
This role really will be a great opportunity for someone looking to step up and/ or broaden their experience in a hybrid HR capacity.
Contract type: FTC to end April 2023
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here