The Money, Tech and Data story team is a key part of BBC News Content, providing news reports for television, radio and online/mobile platforms both in the UK and internationally.
We report stories of regional and global importance, providing insightful analysis for audiences in English and local languages. We have the highest editorial and technical standards.
The India business team has staff in Mumbai and Delhi and they regularly travel around the country and region. They report on news events as well as their own exclusive stories and interviews. There is a strong focus on experimenting with new forms of story-telling for digital audiences and providing analysis of the major themes in global business and economics.
As the Senior India Business Producer, you will be joining a team which covers business news and current affairs in South Asia. You will help drive the editorial agenda by supporting the business correspondents and production teams to make decisions on content, treatment and scripting to produce first-rate coverage. You will also manage all daily coverage requests and content rollout by liaising with teams in Delhi, Singapore and London.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience as a broadcast and/or digital journalist.
- Experience producing video news reports is required. Radio production would be an advantage.
- Outstanding knowledge of business and economic affairs, particularly in South Asia, and excellent news judgement.
- A demonstrable understanding of the requirements of TV, radio and digital journalism.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural organizational environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a small team of journalists when under pressure. Flexibility and willingness to work unpredictable hours and to travel at short notice.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is compulsory, another Indian language is an advantage.
Local terms and conditions
Based in Mumbai, India
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in India.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here