Senior Insights Executive, India, BBC Global News
BBC World News and BBC.com, the BBC’s commercially funded international 24-hour English news platforms, are owned and operated by BBC Global News. BBC World News television is available in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, and over 465 million households and 3 million hotel rooms. The channel’s content is also available on 178 cruise ships, 53 airlines, including 13 distributing the channel live inflight, and 23 mobile phone networks. BBC.com offers up-to-the-minute international news, in-depth analysis and features, including BBC Worklife, BBC Culture, BBC Future, BBC Travel and BBC Reel, for PCs, tablets and mobile devices to more than 110 million unique browsers each month.
In India, BBC World News has a strong household presence of about 35 Mn households’. The digital content reaches 10 Mn Unique Visitors and upwards monthly and combined with the regional BBC sites UV’s stand at around 20 Mn+ in the Indian market. BBC News has around 49.5 Mn FB fans around the world and India forms 10%+ of that which is the highest for BBC coming from a single market. There are 3.52 Mn downloads of BBC News app since inception in India and is majorly dominated by Android.
Reporting to Insights & Research Director, APAC, BBC Global News (Singapore based), you will be responsible for developing insights for use in our commercial business as well as in the BBC’s public service remit. It is a unique opportunity for someone who is keen to develop a versatile set of market research skill sets that encompass syndicated survey, media measurement, digital analytics as well as custom and proprietary research projects to influence editorial strategy and support business revenue target of BBC News product/output in India and beyond. This will include working with GLOBAL NEWS INDIA’s advertising sales and distribution sales teams across the region to create commercial opportunities through new and existing research and presenting compelling sales arguments on the back of this.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience in media research, including proficiency in audience measurements for media platforms.
- Experience in a commercial/business research environment.
- Understanding of market research techniques, statistical reporting and panel methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of the India pay-TV marketplace preferably in the news space. International pay-TV knowledge a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in commercial digital media in India preferably in the news space. International digital knowledge a plus but not required.
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- An appreciation of business processes and a strong understanding of marketing concepts and strategies.
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to support multiple projects at a time.
- Confident communication skills - both written and oral, comfortable presenting to large groups.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Delhi or Mumbai
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here