Senior Internal Communications & Engagement Advisor
Internal Communications sits at the heart of the BBC, connecting our organisations employees to each other, sharing announcements and news across divisions.
The Senior Internal Communications and Engagement Advisoris central to ensuring the delivery of events, announcements, engagement activity, and campaigns across all of our divisions.
- Delivering Internal Communications and Engagement activities to a high quality including defining and articulating the messaging through verbal, written and visual methods.
- Ensure timely and tailored delivery of pan-BBC communications campaigns, working with the corporate internal communications team to maximise effectiveness and audience reach.
- Advise the Director responsible for Birmingham and the BBC Academy and teams and colleagues across Birmingham on the most relevant and appropriate approach to internal communications according to knowledge of local audience, channels, and analysis of key audience and stakeholder groups.
- Research and produce high quality online content for the intranet; writing and publishing notices and features for the homepage and creating/refining/updating pages and mini-sites as required.
- Oversee events including ringmains, staff briefings, town halls, roadshows and engagement/ campaign events.
- Create film briefs for key projects, as well as filming and editing short form video.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships throughout the BBC and in particular across the Internal Communications community as well as with management.
- Define and prepare materials to support leadership communication including support team managers to communicate effectively with their teams.
For full remit of responsibilities please see below attached full Job Description.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, (verbal and written), including the ability to present clear and concise professional communications to a range of audiences within the BBC, and to external agencies as necessary.
- Proven experience in the delivery of an internal communications and engagement planning within the media industry or one with similar scale of complexity.
- Ability to investigate, analyse and contextualise issues, identifying key points to be addressed and simple plans to resolve problems.
- Proven events management experience
- Experienced in refreshing and updating existing intranet or web sites, including knowledge of Content Management Systems (Preferably Immediacy and Wordpress), Photoshop or similar picture manipulating software.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong writing and editorial skills ability to confidently produce and deliver written content with an understanding of contentious issues that may need to be referred up to management or the BBC Press Office.
- Excellent organisational abilities and attention to detail ability to prioritise.
- Management of a range of communications channels, including bulletins and reports
- Ability to balance a very varied workload and to be self- sufficient and hands-on.
- A creative, ideas-driven person.
CPF Grade 7
Proposed band C
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.