Senior Journalist, BBC Reel
This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the world's leading news and media organisations on BBC Reel, BBC.com’s internationally-focused factual video website.
The role involves commissioning and producing original digital video, sourcing video from other parts of the BBC, and working closely with the BBC.com Features teams (Future, Culture, Capital and Travel) and World News commissioning editors.
BBC Global News connect brands to the power of BBC audiences through our commercially funded international news, sport and features platforms, across TV, online, social and our apps.
Over half the global online audience watch or view the BBC on a monthly basis, attracting audiences with vastly differing characteristics. BBC Global News has the unique ability to engage influential, affluent audiences through vivid and authentic storytelling.
- Generate ideas for groundbreaking video content and video series with the goal of growing BBC Reel’s audience, impact and reach
- Commission distinctive and innovative short documentaries and viral digital videos to our network of video journalists around the world
- Discover new talented filmmakers
- Liaise and guide filmmakers in the field
- Editing video pieces when necessary
- Forward planning and budgeting
- Ensure editorial control and timely delivery of videos that adhere to the BBC editorial guidelines and to the BBC’s highest journalistic standards
Are you the right candidate?
- Solid journalistic and filmmaking background
- Proven experience in ideas generating for magazine and news outlets
- Solid experience in visual storytelling
- Sound editorial judgement based upon a clear understanding of the BBC’s distinctive editorial guidelines
- Significant experience in filming and editing compelling short documentaries, explainers and digital videos
- Fluent in using FinalCutPro, and/or Adobe Premiere
Contract type: 12 month FTC
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here