Senior M&A Planner (BBC Radio & Education)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior M&A Planner to join our Audience Planning team based at New Broadcasting House, London.
This is a twelve month fixed-term position, responsible for developing insight led creative strategies for the services and products across the BBC’s Radio & Education division.
BBC Audience Planners work to put audience insight at the heart of the BBC’s output (programmes, products, services and brands). Planners provide creative leadership - clarifying objectives, articulating challenges and spotting opportunities, as well as helping to inspire and direct the creative strategy of what is one of the most creative businesses in the world.
Reporting to the Head of M&A Planning for Radio & Education, this role will be responsible for developing insight led creative strategies for a range of content and products across the radio and education portfolio.
The main focus of the role will be across the BBC’s audio output including:
- One of the priorities for the division for the next year is BBC Sounds, the BBC’s new audio product, and this role would focus on a range of projects informing commissioning strategy for new and existing podcasts, content curation within the product and product development work
- Leading projects influencing the editorial strategy across the BBC’s national radio stations
- Whilst the priority for the role will be audio a number of projects across the Children's and Learning team will also be within the remit of the role
Are you the right candidate?
The successful individual will be an experienced and ambitious creative leader with agency or client-side background, you’ll have worked alongside creative people at a senior level to develop strong, audience-focused strategies.
You’ll have a solid understanding of how to understand and apply qualitative and quantitative research, develop creative stimulus, facilitate ambitious creative conversations and hone creative briefs.
We’re looking for a curious and pragmatic problem solver; a real strategic thinker with solid planning experience; a collaborator who can make things happen. Above all else, we’re looking for someone who absolutely loves and is passionate about the BBC and making a difference to its output.
Contract type: Fixed-term (12 months)
Location: London, New Broadcasting House, W1A
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here