Senior Problem, Continual Service Improvement & Risk Manager
D+E offers a wide range of stretching, creative and impactful careers for talented people.We are the team thats building the future of the BBC, whilst delivering TV, radio and online services to millions of people worldwide every day.
As well as being the people behind iPlayer and the News, Sports and Childrens services, we develop, support and maintain the systems and infrastructure that keeps the BBC on air and are responsible for the biggest British-run digital service in the world. In D+E, youll be working on unique challenges, hand in hand with the best creative minds in the UK and alongside one of the world's leading production and distribution companies (BBC Studios).
We offer challenging work but with the time to think and do things right. We uphold a 100 year history of invention and innovation in the BBC by welcoming and developing people of all backgrounds.
The role of Senior Problem Continual Service Improvement & Risk manager brings together three disciplines driving standardisation and creating an integrated operating model between the CSI, Problem & Risk team, internal and external service towers The role holder will be responsible for the following:
Problem Management: Management of the lifecycle of all problems that happen or could happen in an IT service. The primary objectives of problem management are to prevent problems and resulting incidents from happening to eliminate recurring incidents, and to minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented. A problem is defined as the cause of one or more incidents.
Continual Service Improvement: To establish and manage a brand new CSI business function based on ITIL v3 and recognised Continual Service Improvement (CSI)practice and process. This includes service review, process evaluation, definition of CSI activities and monitoring of CSI activities. The role holder will apply CSI best practices building a network of CSI subject matter and knowledge leads across the BBC.
Risk Management: The application of risk managementmethods to information technology in order to manage IT risk identifying the business risk associated with the use, ownership, operation, involvement, influence and adoption of IT within Broadcast & Online Service Management providing the framework used to manage risks across our internal and external service towers.
The Ideal Candidate
We would like to hear from you, if you:
- Have a strong working knowledge of continual service improvement with experience of methodologies including Six Sigma, DMAIC and 5S and their application in an IT Service Management environment.
- Are an experienced problem manager with a proven track record of both establishing and operating a problem management process and operation to ISO 20000 standards and delivering a portfolio of successful outcomes.
- Have experience and knowledge of risk management and its subsequent application and operation.
- Posses an exceptional knowledge of the ITIL v3 framework as well as a high level of IT technical competence
- have extensive experience working in one of the functional areas and implementing ITIL / service management strategy and processes.
- possess significant and demonstrable experience in the authoring and production of ITIL documentation. e.g. SLAs, OLAs, Service Catalogue, process alignment, procedure design and service mapping.
- have awareness of large scale technology programmes and IT infrastructure environments.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
Grade: 8D (Proposed Band C)
Location: Role is London W12 based with regular travel to client sites
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- A variety of technical challenges we work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC