In BBC Education you’ll help change the lives of millions of people by delivering world-class learning experiences via our Bitesize and Food products. We deliver amazing online products and apps that inform, educate, entertain and inspire.
Our vision is to unlock learning potential in everything the BBC does and make learning feel effortless, through connected services built around world-class BBC content and by joining our team you will be given the opportunity to make a real difference to the BBC's online mission.
Our agile teams are made up of technical and data architects, software engineers, testers, user experience designers, design researchers, product owners, business analysts and project managers, all striving to create extraordinary experiences for our audiences.
Learning, developing and sparking curiosity is part our culture, so you will be joining a team who really care about you, the development of your technical skills, your career aspirations and your contribution to our great team culture.
BBC Food is one of our highest reaching and most popular products. This website educates almost invisibly, offering a range of skills and techniques through its recipes, tips and tutorials.
Our audiences love ‘Food’ because: “It helps them to learn new things about food and cooking and inspires them to cook new recipes. It has a range of recipes to suit different diets and they can always find something they want to cook”
- The Senior Product Manager will work at the heart of a multi discipline team on the shaping and delivery of a range of audience-facing products and product capabilities and services.
- To develop and deliver on the product vision for a set of products and services in line with the department’s strategy and objectives.
- To own the full product lifecycle of a set of products and services – including mature products, recent launches and emerging ideas.
- To lead the impact analysis on and prioritisation of effort on a set of products and services.
- To be a voice for our users – ensuring that their needs and abilities are at the heart of our propositions.
- To work closely with stakeholders to develop a shared product and content strategy and drive the product direction against it.
- To develop relationships with third parties to enable the delivery of full products or elements of our products and services.
- To build relationships with other areas of the BBC key to the successful delivery of our products and services
- To actively contribute to the development of product management best practice and the department’s collaborative culture.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has demonstrable experience of product management of digital products – including product lifecycle management, roadmap definition, product shaping and prioritisation.
- Has worked in software development and has, ideally, an understanding of app development and app product lifecycles.
- Is a team player comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Can use data and a build - measure - learn approach to drive product development and decision-making.
- Is comfortable working with and communicating to senior stakeholders.
- Has experience of building and managing relationships with third parties.
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do, we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.