An exciting opportunity to work with one of the world's leading news and media organisations on a portfolio of award-winning, global, consumer-facing products.
The multi-disciplinary Digital and Technology team at BBC Global News is responsible for several of the BBC’s international products which reach over 100m users globally every month. This includes, but is not limited to:
As Senior Product Manager, you will be empowered to define and deliver an ambitious roadmap for these products that has meaningful impact against our overall inherent goals and objectives.
You will do this by understanding the needs of our audience and our stakeholders and work collaboratively with the wider team to deliver upon them.
- To own the full product lifecycle of a set of products and services that include recent launches and emerging ideas.
- To lead day-to-day prioritisation and work with project management to ensure delivery of the most important thing.
- To be a voice for our users, ensuring that their needs are at the heart of our propositions.
- To work closely with stakeholders, to understand their requirements and priorities, in order to develop a shared product and content strategy and drive the product direction against it.
- To build relationships with other areas of the BBC key to the successful delivery of our products and services.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has demonstrable experience of product management of digital products including product lifecycle management, roadmap definition, product shaping and prioritisation.
- Has worked in software development and has, ideally, an understanding of media and working within a complex, global organisation.
- Is commercially savvy and understands how to deliver against challenging revenue related goals.
- Is a team player comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Can use data and a build - measure - learn approach to drive product development and data driven decision-making.
- Is comfortable working with and communicating to senior stakeholders that are based globally.
Contract type: Permanent
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here