Product Manager - Broadcast Systems Development - News
The Broadcast systems development team delivers technology solutions that drive the video and graphics production workflow for the BBC’s journalism output in locations around the globe.
The Product Manager for Graphics Tools will be responsible for a family of products spanning the broadcast and online content production landscape including our successful and long running product “BigTed” and the emerging HTML-driven digital solutions powered by CasparCG.
As well as bringing exciting new tools to market the Product Manager for Graphics Tools will also lead a strategy that facilitates the ongoing convergence of the broadcast and online worlds, driving some of the necessary changes through technical innovation.
Are you the right candidate?
The Product Manager will be responsible for managing multiple roadmaps, supporting the delivery process and engaging with editorial and operational stakeholders in multiple locations and departments.
Based London W12
Continuing / Permanent
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious people to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community – we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- A variety of technical challenges – we work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.