We create amazing digital experiences for the children of Britain. From Topsy and Tim to Danger Mouse, from Newsround to Blue Peter, we work with globally loved brands to deliver websites and apps that inform, educate, entertain and inspire.
We’re a team of over 60 people based in Bridge House, MediaCityUK. Our agile teams are made up of software engineers, testers, user experience designers, design researchers, product owners, business analysts and project managers, all striving to create extraordinary experiences for our young audiences.
Today we’re working on what mobile, tablet and desktop experiences will be like for the children of tomorrow. So we need great people to come and help us shape the future of the BBC.
- The Senior Product Manager will work at the heart of a multi discipline team on the shaping and delivery of a range of audience-facing products and product capabilities and services.
- To develop and deliver on the product vision for a set of products and services in line with the department’s strategy and objectives.
- To own the full product lifecycle of a set of products and services – including mature products, recent launches and emerging ideas.
- To lead the impact analysis on and prioritisation of effort on a set of products and services.
- To be a voice for our users – ensuring that their needs and abilities are at the heart of our propositions.
- To work closely with stakeholders to develop a shared product and content strategy and drive the product direction against it.
- To develop relationships with third parties to enable the delivery of full products or elements of our products and services.
- To build relationships with other areas of the BBC key to the successful delivery of our products and services
- To actively contribute to the development of product management best practice and the department’s collaborative culture.
Are you the right candidate?
- Has demonstrable experience of product management of digital products – including product lifecycle management, roadmap definition, product shaping and prioritisation.
- Has worked in software development and has, ideally, an understanding of app development and app product lifecycles.
- Is a team player comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Can use data and a build - measure - learn approach to drive product development and decision-making.
- Is comfortable working with and communicating to senior stakeholders.
- Has experience of building and managing relationships with third parties.
- Has a good understanding of the children’s digital product market.
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do, we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.