The Corporate Systems team in D+E Corporate & Commercial Systems is responsible for the strategy, roadmap, design, development and support of the BBC’s enterprise wide/corporate systems including Finance, Procurement, Treasury, HR and Resource Scheduling. We work closely with our key stakeholders to understand their needs and then manage a range of projects to meet those needs.
The HR Product Team are responsible for all the strategy and support of HR systems at the BBC including SAP HCM, SuccessFactors, Resourcing systems, Contingent Worker applications, and a large number of other HR applications that underpin the insourced HR Service Centre operations including HR Case management systems.
We are looking for people to join the team who are highly motivated, passionate about the BBC, great at building strong working relationships with stakeholders and other companies to share experiences and ensure the delivery of the best possible service and user experience to our customers inside the BBC and externally.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for implementing the product strategy for HR applications. Working within the SuccessFactors Product Team alongside Product Managers, Systems Engineers and a 3rd party application support team with responsibility for SuccessFactors Talent, Learning and SAP Jam modules.
The post holder has three key responsibilities: assessing product opportunities, defining the product to be built and communicating to stakeholders.
The role works with key editorial, commercial and technical stakeholders to design and deliver the required product, measure its success, lead the prioritisation process and the creation and maintenance of the roadmap.
As a Senior Product Manager you will be working with the technical team to create a product that is useful, usable and feasible.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
• Deep understanding and experience of SAP SuccessFactors Talent and Learning Modules, any experience on SF Recruiting and Onboarding modules is advantageous.
• Technical knowledge of SF integrations and APIs
• Detailed knowledge and experience of HR Products and Processes.
• Experience of leading multiple large projects and suppliers at the same time
• Hands-on experience of working within a complex technical systems/environment, including interfaces.
• Experienced in managing conflicting demands in situations of pressure where priorities are rapidly changing
• Clear and effective communication style, excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of security policies and statutory requirements relevant to the role
• Understanding of security, access and authorisations
• Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers
• Experience of providing a high quality service in a demanding customer service environment
• Knowledge of change and configuration management procedures
• Solution orientated and problem solving
• Knowledge of ITIL standards and the principles of service support and delivery
• Experience of relationship management at senior levels of the organisation.
• Experience of technology projects including business change deliverables
• Worked on the full project lifecycle for more than one project
Contract type: Continuing
Location: London, Birmingham, Manchester or Cardiff
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here