Senior Product Manager (Media Distribution)
The Online Technology Group is responsible for building and operating the foundation technologies that underpin online products including BBC News and iPLayer.
Our portfolio includes the BBC Internet Distribution INfrastructure (BIDI), the content delivery platform at the heart of the BBC strategy to transition the distribution of media to our audience from broadcast to IP.
We're looking for a product manager to own this roadmap and drive the delivery of our platform.
OTG's engineering's teams are clustered around specific domains or groups of products. These include on-premises and public cloud platforms, media distribution and distribution analytics.
As the product manager for our Media Distribution team you will define the roadmap and technology approach for this area.
You will lead a team of up to ten engineers to design, build and operate the caches and supporting services that make up our content delivery platform.
Our method is agile/ lean with an emphasis on the principles underlying continuous improvement and delivery.
Our culture is supportive, and we are passionate about the non-functionals.
Are you the right candidate?
Skills and Experience
- You must have excellent Communication skills and a collaborative attitude.
- You will have shaped the roadmap for a technology product, and led engineers to deliver against it.
- You will be comfortable working with technical detail.
We would like to hear about any experience you have of the following:
- working commercially or operationally with CDNs
- engineering or architecting for HTTP/ HTTPS serving at scale, or digital media applications
- operating high performance, high availability services on public
- cloud or on-premises infrastructure
Location: London W12
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.