Senior Product Manager - Video Innovation - Fixed Term Contract/Attachment
The BBC is creating bold innovative concepts for future products, starting with a radically new service grounded in video.
Our vision is to make a new service that is deliberately empowering, relevant, social and playful. Our ambition is to create something as big and as loved as iPlayer.
This initiative is deliberately outside mainstream BBC product structures so we can foster ideas beyond those already anticipated.
If you are looking for a sandbox to innovate radically new experiences, this is it. Come work with the urgency of a startup within the powerhouse that is the world’s greatest public service broadcaster.
The Senior Product Manager role will apply exceptional product acumen, a passion for cutting edge technology and start-up agility to explore the possible and make it happen.
Over 12 months, you will bridge internal disciplines and external partners to rapidly develop several innovative concepts, before narrowing to deliver the most compelling one.
The final outcome will be a minimum lovable product – the top features, exceptionally executed and passionately used by early adopters – and an investable business case to take it forward.
Are you the right candidate?
This role is a 12 month FTC, ideally starting in February
As a critical role in a multi-disciplined innovation team, we are especially looking for the following:
- Innovation mindset – you can expand a concept to its full innovative potential, then design and execute a roadmap to realise it
- Product geek – from agile to lean, you apply the right methodologies and best practice in different scenarios for great outcomes
- Build for love – you join the dots to build remarkable digital products that are truly loved, fast growing and business sustainable
- Fast & adaptive - you work with urgency, can navigate uncertainty and have the courage to pivot
- Grounded in reality – user obsessed, you continuously listen, experiment and monitor to learn and take action
- Highly proactive – insatiably curious, you seek out collaborators, manage stakeholders and thrive on getting the best out of every discipline and partner
Contract type: FTC/Attachment
Location: London, W12
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here