In BBC Education you’ll help change the lives of millions of people by delivering world-class learning experiences via our Bitesize and Food products. We deliver amazing online products and apps that inform, educate, entertain and inspire.
Our vision is to unlock learning potential in everything the BBC does and make learning feel effortless, through connected services built around world-class BBC content and by joining our team you will be given the opportunity to make a real difference to the BBC's online mission.
Our agile teams are made up of product owners, business analysts, software engineers, testers, user experience designers, design researchers and project managers, all striving to create extraordinary experiences for our audiences.
Learning, developing and sparking curiosity is part our culture, so you will be joining a team who really care about you, the development of your technical skills, your career aspirations and your contribution to our great team culture.
The Senior Product Manager has three key responsibilities: assessing product opportunities, defining the product to be built, and communicating to stakeholders. The post holder works with key editorial, technical and marketing and audience stakeholders to design and deliver the required product, measure its success, lead the prioritisation process and the creation and maintenance of the roadmap.
- The Senior Product Manager will work at the heart of a multi discipline team on the shaping and delivery of a range of improvements for our Bitesize product, with the ability to take on work to deliver product capabilities and services beyond this remit when required.
- To develop and deliver on the product vision for a set of products and services in line with the department’s strategy and objectives.
- To own the full product lifecycle of a set of products and services – including mature products, recent launches and emerging ideas.
- To lead the impact analysis on and prioritisation of effort on a set of products and services.
- To be a voice for our users – ensuring that their needs and abilities are at the heart of our propositions.
- To work closely with stakeholders, to understand their requirements and priorities, in order to develop a shared product and content strategy and drive the product direction against it.
- To build relationships with other areas of the BBC key to the successful delivery of our products and services.
- To actively contribute to the development of product management best practice and the department’s collaborative culture
The Ideal Candidate
You enjoy working collaboratively, dare to think big and have the pragmatism to achieve it. You also have experience in:
- Product management in an agile team on an established product and new product development
- Audience research, user testing, analytics and experiments
- Ideas generation and creativity
- Team and stakeholder management
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate complex processes at all levels
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here