Senior Product Manager
The Product Manager is responsible for implementing the product strategy for a segment of the BBC’s products or services.
The post holder has three key responsibilities: assessing product opportunities, defining the product to be built and communicating with stakeholders.
The role works with key HR, Commercial and technical stakeholders, and suppliers to design and deliver the required product, measure its success, lead the prioritisation process and the creation and maintenance of the roadmap.
The post-holder works with the technical team to create a product that is useful, usable and feasible.
System Architecture: Responsible for ensuring systems design and architecture is fit for purpose, including security and disaster recovery architecture.
Change, Configuration and release management - Responsible for software and hardware Upgrades and releases, ensuring that change management procedures are followed working alongside the teams responsible for UAT, testing and deployment of upgrades into the production environment.
Project Engagement - Responsible for providing technical consultancy to project delivery and development teams, procurement, service design and change management teams Responsible for providing technical expertise to project teams throughout the lifecycle of a project
Systems Management - Be the systems product expert across changes, incidents and problems, ensuring resolutions are found efficiently as possible taking full ownership with stakeholders and 3rd parties.
Lead on requirements gathering with the business process owners and stakeholders, analyse and present solution options, challenge status quo and promote best practice.
Non Functional Requirements - Responsible for ensuring systems align with BBC’s non-functional requirements including accessibility, performance, disaster recovery and security. Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with current safety legislation and BBC safety policies, security policies and statutory requirements relevant to the task.
Knowledge Management - Responsible for the production of technical documentation, ensuring quality and accuracy and ensuring smooth transitions to the support model in place. Responsible for assessing and inputting into the design and delivery of training for systems under ownership ensuring support teams can be appropriately trained.
3rd Party Suppliers - Responsible for building effective relationships with system vendors to ensure that reported incidents and problems are resolved within agreed resolution times set in service contracts and manage suppliers to deliver against contracted responsibilities.
**Please refer to the Job Description for more information.**
Are you the right candidate?
• Detailed knowledge and experience of HR Products and Processes.
• Experience of leading multiple large projects and suppliers at the same time
• Hands-on experience of working within a complex technical systems/environment, including interfaces.
• Experienced in managing conflicting demands in situations of pressure where priorities are rapidly changing
• Clear and effective communication style
• Knowledge of security policies and statutory requirements relevant to the role
• Understanding of security, access and authorisations
• Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers
• Experience of providing a high-quality service in a demanding customer service environment
• Knowledge of change and configuration management procedures
• Solution orientated and problem solving
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of ITIL standards and the principles of service support and delivery
• Experience in relationship management at senior levels of the organisation.
• Experience of technology projects including business change deliverables
• Worked on the full project lifecycle for more than one project
Contract type: Fixed-term, full-time
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here