This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the world's leading news and media organisations on a portfolio of award-winning, global, consumer-facing products.
The multi-disciplinary Digital and Technology team at BBC Global News is responsible for several of the BBC’s international products which reach over 100m users globally every month. This includes, but is not limited to:
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Senior Project Manager is a key member of a vibrant agile development team looking to turn great ideas into engaging digital products while optimising and improving existing products. This role requires significant project management experience in delivering high performance digital products.
- To deliver the digital roadmap
- To work closely with product management and technical colleagues to prioritise delivering the most important things, in the most appropriate way
- To ensure awareness, involvement and support from key stakeholders and driving robust communications on the project status throughout its lifecycle.
- To leading the project planning process and build strong project teams
- To identify internal and external dependencies, risks and issues, to manage them closely and focus on resolution
- To build relationships with other areas of the BBC key to the successful delivery of our products and services
The Ideal Candidate
- Has proven experience as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager within an agile software development environment, delivering digital products.
- Is able to clearly articulate or translate complex information into clear and meaningful communications, in a structured way.
- Can develop excellent working relationships within a multidisciplinary development team and beyond
- Has proven skills to lead project teams and motivate others to achieve objectives
- Is highly adaptable and able to approach things differently in order to achieve goals
Contract type: 12 month FTC
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here