BBC Player is a multi-genre SVOD (Subscription Video On Demand) service that allows viewers to watch the very best BBC programmes anytime, anywhere. It is available in Singapore and Malaysia online and as an app on Apple App Store for iOS devices and Google Play Store for Android devices including Android TV. The service features content from six of BBC's global brands: BBC Earth, BBC First, BBC Brit, BBC Lifestyle, Cbeebies, and BBC World News.
This role provides an opportunity to join the Commercial Digital Technology team, part of the wider Design and Engineering group, who are responsible for the delivery of BBC Player and other customer facing technologies which support our commercial and enabling functions.
The Senior Project Manager will work with a wide range of business and technology stakeholders to create, maintain and deliver against plans which are aligned to agreed business priorities and underpin the realisation of the overall Product Roadmap. This will involve being part of an existing delivery team comprising of geographically dispersed project professionals and managing delivery through key vendor relationships.
Activities will include:
- Work with key business stakeholders to understand business priorities and drivers
- Determine the levels of complexity and identify and agree appropriate delivery approach for each release
- Foster the conditions for the project team to perform and lead on a day-to-day basis to ensure clarity of scope, good estimating, solution development and to manage the risks
- Manage and deliver within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints to enable delivery of the agreed outputs and/or benefits
- Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, address issues, and deliver effective communication strategies
- Apply oversight and evaluate, monitor and manage risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and changes, escalating those outside tolerance if appropriate
- Maintain suitable plans, manage the delivery of minimum requirements and/or critical success factors and effectively manage people (including third parties) and other resources
- Monitor progress, regularly report on status and initiate corrective actions.
- Ensure all expenditure or activity is tracked and reconciled to budget/plan with forecast to complete or value generated central to decision making
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive relevant experience working on projects/programmes and a substantial period of managing projects to successful outcomes, leading teams, manging supplier relationships, planning, problem solving, progress monitoring, managing risk, and budget or resource responsibility
- Working knowledge of the project lifecycle, products, techniques, methodologies, approaches and the understanding of how to best apply to the situation
- Excellent and well-practiced communication (spoken, written, listening), interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to bridge specialism and business through user-friendly language
- Ability to effectively deal with stakeholders, navigate ambiguous, changeable, complex environments and achieve desired outcomes
- Demonstrable professional development with a recognised project management qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience delivering web and app based SVOD product, preferably in a commercial environment
Contract type: Permanent - Full time
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here