Senior Project Manager – Campaign & Data Management (LFU)
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project Manager within Design and Engineering (D&E), with a background in the implementation of Campaign Management, Analytics and Reporting applications, has become available.
The BBC is undertaking a significant change Programme within the Licence Fee Unit (LFU) to replace their Campaign Management and Data Management systems. This is a complex implementation Programme comprising of a number of diverse parties including vendors, system integrators and user groups.
The Licence Fee Unit (LFU) is responsible for collecting the licence fee, generating £3.8bn of revenue each year. The aim of the LFU is to “to maximise long term net licence fee revenue in a way which sustains public support for the TV licence”, ensuring that the licence fee is collected in an efficient, appropriate and proportionate way. The BBC uses the income from the licence fee to provide services including 8 national TV channels plus regional programming, 10 national radio stations, 40 local radio stations and an extensive website, bbc.co.uk. BBC World Service broadcasts to the world on radio, on TV and online, providing news and information in 32 languages. It is part funded by a government grant and part funded from the licence fee.
This role is for a Campaign Management Project Manager to manage the delivery of a dedicated workstream within the overall programme, utilising implementation teams, both offshore and onshore, over a 1 year period.
- This role is to provide overall project management for the implementation and deployment of the Campaign Management, Analytics and Reporting applications within the overall programme.
- You will be responsible for managing a number of 3rd party suppliers who are contracted to the BBC with a contributing role to the design, development and deployment of the applications.
- You will liaise with your counterparts across the programme in order to deliver on the strategic priorities of the overall programme, i.e. how the application deployment activity interacts with other Products, Projects or initiatives across the programme and the wider BBC.
- You will work closely with the 3rd party development teams both onshore and offshore to ensure that all blockers or issues are being dealt with in a timely fashion.
- You will support the team in their use of collaboration tools, ensuring good housekeeping and best practice are always maintained. You will also be key in organising those spaces and ensuring the ceremonies of the sprint and planning processes are completed efficiently and on time, where appropriate.
- This role will require communication with internal and external parties, so you should be able to communicate clearly, both formally and informally with your direct team, counterparts, and stakeholders. This role will require working closely with other project managers in order to coordinate and align the application deployment activity with the overall programme roadmap.
- You will support the Programme Manager and the Solution Director in dealing with stakeholders and dependencies.
Are you the right candidate?
- Demonstrable professional development with a recognised project management qualification such as Prince2 or MSP.
- Extensive relevant experience working on projects/programmes, and a substantial period (s) of managing projects to successful outcomes, leading teams, planning, problem solving, progress monitoring, managing risk, and budget or resource responsibility.
- Working knowledge of the project lifecycle, products, techniques and methodologies and approaches and the understanding of how to best apply to the situation.
- Excellent and well-practiced communication (verbal, written, listening), inter-personal and influencing skills with the ability to bridge specialism and business through user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively deal with difficult stakeholders, navigate ambiguous, changeable, and complex environments and achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including MS Project, and MS PowerPoint, with experience in manipulating data to make it meaningful for different audiences.
- Experience in the following is essential.
- The deployment of an industry leading campaign management application into an environment where the organisation has deployed a large number of campaigns utilising multiple contact strategies including direct mail, email, voice and SMS.
- The deployment of closed loop campaign management, where the response data is provisioned from multiple sources.
- The deployment of industry leading analytics and reporting applications across multiple parties utilising a single source of the truth.
- The deployment of applications where another party or parties provision the source data.
- The creation and deployment of campaigns where a legacy campaign management system is in place during the roll out period and retired at the end.
- Experience in the following is desirable
- Adobe Campaign
- Qlik Sense and Qlik NPrint
- Cloudera Data Warehousing Applications
- Informatica ETL/ELT applications
Based London W12
Salary Band D
Fixed Term - 12 Months / Attachment
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and responsibilities, and to work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house training Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a comprehensive salary package, a flexible 20-35 hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
We encourage flexible working, although it may not be possible for every role. There is no obligation to raise flexible working or part time requests at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
About the BBC
BBC Design + Engineering, D+E offers a wide range of stretching, creative and impactful careers for talented people. We are the team that’s building the future of the BBC, whilst delivering TV, radio and online services to millions of people worldwide every day.
As well as being the people behind iPlayer and the News, Sports and Children’s services, we develop, support and maintain the systems and infrastructure that keeps the BBC on air and are responsible for the biggest British-run digital service in the world. In D+E, you’ll be working on unique challenges, hand in hand with the best creative minds in the UK and alongside one of the world's leading production and distribution companies (BBC Studios).
We offer challenging work but with the time to think and do things right. We uphold a 100 year history of invention and innovation in the BBC by welcoming and developing people of all backgrounds.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here