Senior Project Manager - Digital, BBC News
If you enjoy working in an agile, creative and innovative environment where everything is built with scale and performance in mind, this is the ideal role for you.
This is an opportunity to help develop and shape a Digital First BBC. Working in the Projects and Change team in the News Product and Systems (NPS) group, the Senior Project Manager hasresponsibility for defining and delivering new capability across our product range which sits at the heart of the BBC, providing content to millions of people every day.
The post-holder will be responsible for making a significant contribution to the achievement of the News Product & Systems (NPS) teams objectives. Specifically, this will include:
Being an advocate for agile and lean practices at all levels, ensuring continuous delivery, enabling speed without compromise to quality and keeping the focus on value delivery at all times.
Working to facilitate constructive discussion and debate amongst other members of the NP&S Team to ensure progress towards objectives and goals.
Championing the Agile Project Management team at all levels within the business, advocating the value the discipline can bring to specific situations
Alignment of delivery with other disciplines, such as Engineering, Product, UX and Business Analysis.
Ensuring high performance and diversity while operating in a complex matrix management system.
Ensuring that project benefits and metrics are evaluated and documented.
The Ideal Candidate
Senior Project Managers in the Agile Delivery team of News Product and Systems (NPS) are responsible for driving the delivery of product or project based teams in line with Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) which are agreed between the project and product teams and the NPS Leadership Team.
The project and product teams typically contain, Software Developers, Business Analysts, Testers and Project and Product Managers.
The Senior Project Manager will agree and monitor project velocity with the scrum teams and report on key metrics to senior stakeholders. They will also manager Risks, Issues, Dependencies and Assumptions and produce impact statements for change requests.
Based: London W1
Continuing - Permanent
Grades 9 (Proposed BandD)
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious software engineers to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- A variety of technical challenges we work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more
About the Company
BBC Design + Engineering
D+E offers a wide range of stretching, creative and impactful careers for talented people.We are the team thats building the future of the BBC, whilst delivering TV, radio and online services to millions of people worldwide every day.
As well as being the people behind iPlayer and the News, Sports and Childrens services, we develop, support and maintain the systems and infrastructure that keeps the BBC on air and are responsible for the biggest British-run digital service in the world. In D+E, youll be working on unique challenges, hand in hand with the best creative minds in the UK and alongside one of the world's leading production and distribution companies (BBC Studios).
We offer challenging work but with the time to think and do things right. We uphold a 100 year history of invention and innovation in the BBC by welcoming and developing people of all backgrounds.
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.