Senior Project Manager (SAP Infrastructure)
The Business Systems team in D+E Corporate & Commercial Systems is responsible for the design, development and support of the BBC’s enterprise wide/corporate systems including Finance, Procurement, Treasury, HR and Resource Scheduling. We work closely with our key stakeholders to understand their needs and then manage a range of projects to meet those needs.
Manages one or more projects, or leads a workstream within a programme, or works on iterative improvements as part of a product lifecycle. Responsible for the delivery of its outcome, using an appropriate approach (e.g. iterative and incremental, sequential) suitable to the characteristics of the change, for which typical indicators at this level are:
- A repeatable project framework, delivering a known outcome or target;
- A duration of approx. 12+ months, or autonomous delivery of a series of outcomes within a product environment;
- Multiple stakeholders, and financial or allocated staff responsibility equivalent to a budget of up to c£10m, and a staffing level of 8+ (including third parties)
Are you the right candidate?
Responsibility for technical projects across the various product groups in Business Systems – Finance, Procurement, HR, Learning and Scheduling.
- Experience of managing SAP infrastructure oriented projects is strongly preferred, including working in a mixed on-premise /cloud environment
- Experience of close working with a strategic technical architecture governance group
- Experience of matrix-management across both internal and third party teams to deliver complex technical projects.
- Experience of working with off-shore delivery partners
- Understanding of Information Security and GDPR and meeting compliance requirements
- Experience of working in an organization using ITIL
- A proven track record across all phases of the IT project delivery lifecycle
- An understanding of procurement and tendering processes
- An understanding of finance processes and reporting
- Breath of experience across a range of technical implementation projects
Contract type: Continuing
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here