If you enjoy working in an agile, creative and innovative environment where data is at the core of everything we do, this is the ideal role for you.
This is an opportunity to help develop and shape the BBCs journey into machine learning and data science. Working with the Datalab team, the Senior Agile Project Manager has responsibility for defining and delivering new capability across our products and platform.
The post-holder will be responsible for making a significant contribution to the achievement of the Datalab team’s objectives. Specifically, this will include:
- Being an advocate for agile and lean practices at all levels. Using a variety of agile and lean tools and techniques in order to help the team keep a delivery and learning cadence that helps to remain focused on delivering value against the product vision. They will know which techniques to try out, any how to make sure the team are getting the most out of being agile.
- Working to facilitate constructive discussion and debate amongst other members of the Datalab team and beyond to ensure progress towards objectives and goals.
- Championing the Agile Project Management at all levels within the business, advocating the value the discipline can bring to specific situations.
- Alignment of delivery with other disciplines, such as Data Science, Engineering, Product, UX and Business Analysis.
- Ensuring high performance and diversity while operating in a complex matrix management system.
- Ensuring that project benefits and metrics are evaluated and documented.
The Senior Project Manager reports to Executive Product Manager
The Datalab senior project manager will be concerned with the health and happiness of the team members and how they work together. They will encourage and motivate the team and protect them from external distractions and politics so they are able to focus on what they are best at.
The right candidate will know that a happy team will produce the most amazing work, they will be skilled at building trust, managing team dynamics and motivating people.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive relevant experience working on projects/programmes, and a substantial period (s) of managing projects to successful outcomes, leading teams, planning, problem solving, progress monitoring, managing risk, and budget or resource responsibility.
- Working knowledge of the project lifecycle, products, techniques and methodologies and approaches and the understanding of how to best apply to the situation.
- Excellent and well-practiced communication (verbal, written, listening), inter-personal and influencing skills with the ability to bridge specialism and business through user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively deal with difficult stakeholders, navigate ambiguous, changeable, and complex environments and achieve desired outcomes.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and procedures relevant for the domain e.g., procurement, contract management, environment, and health and safety.
- Demonstrable professional development with a recognised project management qualification or equivalent experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including MS Project and MS Powerpoint, and experience in manipulating data to make it meaningful for different audiences.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.