Senior Research Executive
The position is for an Insight Executive which will report to the VP Insight for Content Sales, within the broader BBC Worldwide Global research and Insight team. The Sales Insight team overall is responsible for providing insight to support our global content sales teams. Our role is to provide strategic support for sales pitches to these teams through primary research, secondary desk research and the promotion and management of a suite of insight and market intelligence tools.
This role is global in scope and involves working across a range of projects and with a wide range of stakeholders. You will support on large complex projects such as the development and maintenance of insight tools and lead on more streamlined projects such as genre packs, sales pitch documents and trade marketing event surveys. Integrating and delivering insight to the business is an important element of the role also, and there is a wealth of opportunity to influence key decision makers.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for their first client-side insight role after gaining agency-side experience, or for someone looking to broaden their responsibilities across methodologies and markets. The successful candidate will quickly gain exposure to a range of insight resources & capabilities, landing your findings with a wide group of engaged stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Supporting Content Sales teams with pitches
- Using internal resources, primary research projects and secondary desk research to develop compelling and actionable insight for sales pitches
- Support our customer-led sales strategy through broadening understanding of customers, content performance and audiences
- Promote insight tools and market intelligence to Content Sales and the wider business
- Developing a working knowledge of all tools within the insight team, and taking an enthusiastic and proactive approach to integrating these sources to address business questions
- Promote self-service of market intelligence resources where applicable and be responsible for promoting the work of the wider Global Research and Insight team to Content Sales
- Supporting Content and Marketing teams
- BBCW Showcase: project manage the BBCW Showcase delegate survey and all other relevant insight to report on this event for out Trade Marketing teams
- Work with Content & Marketing to support bi-monthly Sales Briefings and provide insights for monthly sales pitch docs/on an ad hoc basis for key titles
- Support the Adding Value sales methodology through hosting or facilitating training for content sales staff on our suite of insight tools
- Management of Research Assistant
- Responsible for recruitment and line management of Research Assistant on the Sales Insight team
- Endured the assistant always has work to complete, is developing and is exposed to as much of the business as possible in their time at BBCW
- Becoming a vocal member of the global insight community at BBC Worldwide
- To comply with all relevant BBC Worldwide fair trading policies and guidelines and to be aware of responsibilities under the BBC Worldwide Fair Trading policy.
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A basic understanding of qual and quant research methodology is essential. Ideally gained via agency-side experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in a research or insight role
- Experience in communicating complex data in a simple and effective way to marketers and/or creatives
- Ability to think strategically, providing a clear vision for how data and research can be used to make recommendations
- Strong project management and time management skills, ideally with experience running cross-country projects
- Knowledge of the TV/entertainment media sector is desitable beneficial but not essential
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.