Senior SAP FICO Systems Engineer
The Business Systems team in D+E Corporate & Commercial Systems is responsible for the design, development and support of the BBC’s enterprise wide/corporate systems including Finance, Procurement, Treasury, HR and Resource Scheduling. We work closely with our key stakeholders to understand their needs and then manage a range of projects to meet those needs.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the overall performance of SAP Finance applications meets business requirements.
The role will provide detailed system expertise, technical support and knowledge to both service delivery and business change functions ensuring dependencies and relationships between all associated systems are understood, maintained and can be communicated effectively to relevant stakeholders.
This is a business support role. Its scope is:
- Systems complexity: The systems landscape will contain applications typically involving multiple business and technical dependencies, business critical systems and processes and commercially sensitive environments
- Stakeholder management: First point of contact for a variety of stakeholders.
- 3rd Party Relationships: Supporting 3rd party partners and suppliers supporting delivering application services and projects typically to the value of 100K.
- Information & Security management: Ensure that all the requirements of statutory and BBC safety regulations are fully met including adherence to the BBC’s policies.
- Recruitment: Support recruitment process for the team by taking part in selection boards and making selection decisions for engagement of new colleagues including specialist contractors.
- Project Support – Provide SME input into projects relating to Finance systems and support implementations and transitions into BAU
Systems Management - Be the systems specialist for Finance modules of SAP ECC and other Finance related Systems. Lead on requirements gathering with the business process owners and stakeholders, analyse and present solution options that align with BBC Engineering strategies.
Work with the Systems Owner to ensure system performance (KPI’s) are continuously improved, inputting into the systems roadmap, identifying risks and providing risk mitigations.
System Architecture: Responsible for ensuring systems design and architecture is fit for purpose, including disaster recovery architecture.
Project Engagement - Responsible for providing technical consultancy to project delivery and development teams, procurement, service design and change management teams
Responsible for providing technical expertise to project teams throughout the lifecycle of a projectWorking with project & service delivery teams responsible for the commissioning and acceptance ensuring new installations/services are fit for purpose, supportable, and are built against agreed specification and installation standards
Change, Configuration and release management - Responsible for minor/major software and hardware upgrades, ensuring that change management procedures are followed working alongside the teams responsible for UAT, testing and deployment of upgrades into the production environment.
Incident Management - Responsible for the resolution of escalated incidents from frontline support teams and assisting with the command & control for major incident and service outages.
Problem Management - Responsible for Problem Management for systems assigned, ensuring that known issues and workarounds are documented and input into a Known Error Database.
Non Functional Requirements - Responsible for ensuring systems align with BBC’s non-functional requirements including accessibility, performance, disaster recovery and security.
Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with current safety legislation and BBC safety policies, security policies and statutory requirements relevant to the task.
Knowledge Management - Responsible for the production of technical documentation, ensuring quality and accuracy
Responsible for assessing and inputting into the design and delivery of training for systems under ownership ensuring support teams can be appropriately trained
3rd Party Suppliers - Responsible for building effective relationships with system vendors to ensure that reported incidents and problems are resolved within agreed resolution times set in service contracts
Are you the right candidate?
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Detailed Knowledge of SAP Financials including:
- FI – General Ledger (New GL)
- FI – Asset Accounting/Lease Accounting (CLM)
- FI – Taxes
- FI – Accounts Payable
- FI – Accounts Receivable
- FI – Cash & Banking (including Treasury)
- CO – Project Systems including WIP
- CO – Profit Centre Accounting
- CO – Cost Centre Accounting
- Detailed Integration Knowledge with SAP MM/SD/BW/HR
- Financial background – Accountancy or demonstrable finance related experience
- Experience in managing a complex technical systems/environment
- Experienced in managing conflicting demands in situations of pressure where priorities are rapidly changing
- Experience of having to communicate clearly with a range of people at different levels of the organisation and explain and discuss technical issues using a range of styles, tools and techniques
- Authoritative knowledge of security policies and statutory requirements relevant to the role
- Experience in working with 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of providing a high quality service in a demanding customer service environment
- Experience of working with BW, BO Dashboards, BODS or BPC
- Experience of working with SRM or Opentext VIM
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA or ACCA)
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and the principles of service support and delivery
- Knowledge of change and configuration management procedures.
- Experience of designing and delivering training.
- Understanding of a complex global SAP landscape – including interfaces i.e. payroll, expenses, banking etc
- Experience of implementing SAP Finance end to end solutions
- Knowledge and experience of Finance/SAP best practices
- Knowledge of SAP security and authorisations.
- Solution orientated and problem solving.
- Experience of relationship management
- Experience of technology projects including business change deliverables
- Substantial experience gained in a technology environment
- Worked on the full project lifecycle
- Experience in the media sector or broadcast environment
Contract type: Continuing
Location: London or Cardiff
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here