Senior SAP Finance Project Manager
BBC Design and Engineering provides the foundations for broadcasting - we keep the BBC’s services on-air 24 hours a day, seven days a week. That means everything from transmission for TV and radio - enabling us to reach 97% of adults in the UK every week including the cameras, mixing desks, email and business systems for our world-class programme makers and staff.
It is this technology that connects our colleagues and our viewers to our content. To support the BBC now and in the future, our priorities are to make sure we’re flexible, efficient and can take advantage of all the digital developments happening in broadcasting.
Our objectives are to:
• Deliver agreed portfolio priorities to plan
• Delivery on our major projects
• Be a strategic partner with the rest of the BBC
• Make real the Design & Engineering Operating model
• Build the capability we need to deliver the Design & Engineering Vision
This role sits within Business Systems in BBC Design and Engineering which sets the technology strategy and delivers and supports solutions to optimise running of all the BBC’s business critical corporate functions including HR, Finance, Procurement, Legal and Workplace. The team incorporates a developing SAP Centre of Excellence working alongside business customers and external partners in a largely outsourced application management environment.
We are looking for the most talented, experienced and quality focused Senior SAP Finance Project manager to join our team of product managers, programme and project managers, business analysts and solution architects to enable delivery of a challenging portfolio of projects including technical upgrades and introduction of new functionality.
- End to end delivery of specific projects for the BBC
- Co-ordination and management of project team members to deliver to plan and with the right quality
- Working with and management of third parties to delivery successfully
- Management of all aspects of delivery including risks, issues, scope, cost and timeline
- Engagement and management of key stakeholders and customers
- Regular progress reporting
The Ideal Candidate
- Hands on functional experience with SAP FICO modules
- Strong and demonstrable experience of managing critical SAP oriented projects
- Experience with BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation) and BI applications (BW, BODS, BO) a plus
- An understanding of finance processes and reporting
- Experience in working with both internal and third party teams to deliver complex pieces of work
- A proven track record across all phases of the IT project delivery lifecycle
Grade 9 (Proposed Band D)
Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious employees to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
A vibrant digital community – we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
A variety of technical challenges – we work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.