Senior Scheduling Coordinator
We are looking for a Senior Scheduling Coordinator to join the Scheduling and Planning and Scheduling team.
Responsible for data integrity in the scheduling and planning systems, ensuring communication and sharing of information across the wider team.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintain all titles in the system (commissions and TBA programmes) and ensure that all details are correct and up to date (eg. delivery, budget, supplier, quota management, funding, hours, funding type, airing order, titles)
- You will work collaboratively across outputs, online and genre teams to ensure pan TV consistency in processes, reporting and systems
- It will be your responsibility to help maintain ‘off schedule’ plans, providing support to production teams delivering content
- You will make recommendations to scheduling content in collaboration with Schedule Managers and/or Coordinators (or equivalent), taking into account compliance and suitability for our audience.
- You will be the authority regarding certain detailed scheduling attributes (unique identifiers, standby programmes and transmission titles) in the context of the schedule handover and post-handover processes
Are you the right candidate?
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Passion and enthusiasm for the department’s programming and content commissioning
- A thorough understanding of the role of the department, its objectives and relationships with other Divisions and with key external stakeholders in the independent sector
- Significant experience in an administrative capacity, ideally gained in a broadcast/media environment of comparable size and complexity
- Good working knowledge of the commissioning, planning and scheduling processes
- Excellent IT Skills, capable of working with spread sheets and databases, and familiarity with the standard BBC Desktop software
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London W1A1AA
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here