Senior Software Asset Manager
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Do you have keen interest in Software Asset Management and would like to develop your skillset even further? Are you ambitious and would like to get involved in shaping BBC Software Asset Management strategy?
The Service Information and Support team works across a number of disciplines to facilitate Broadcast and Online Service Management to deliver services of a high standard to the BBC.
Accountable for Strategy, Processes, Software and Hardware Asset Management Processes and Service Portfolio Management, it is a multifaceted team with responsibility for the way in which services operate and the way in which data and information is used to support Service Delivery.
If you’re looking for a new challenge and would like to join one of the world’s leading Broadcasters, then submit your application today!
As a Senior Software Asset Manager, you will;
- Administer the tools and technologies as required to support recording of license entitlement and re-harvesting
- Be accountable for the leading of audits from external vendors to support entitlement
- Respond to queries on entitlement, process and governance
- Write, govern and maintain the processes for SACM and SAM
- Work with governance, performance and reporting to ensure suitable data and status reports are produced on schedule
- Be responsible for implementing service and software asset management policy and standards governing and ensuring maintenance and integrity of the software asset and configuration information including items required to deliver technology services, including their relationship within a Configuration Management Database.
Are you the right candidate?
- Service Delivery/Management experience of Software Asset Management in a complex/large scale internal and external environment.
- Strong influential relationship management skills with stakeholders, colleagues, users and vendors
- IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience
- Definition and oversight of the governance structures and developing/delivering policy and processes for managing the enterprise computing software asset lifecycle and supporting procurement.
- Tenacity to identify and appropriately manage software non-compliance issues in accordance with the BBC’s IT policy.
- Ability to articulate, formulate, measure and promote the value delivered as a result of governance of IT Software Assets.
- Experience of interpreting licensing terms and conditions
- Ability to lead/assist in the management and strategy of software vendor audits.
- Proven track record of influencing the strategic development and daily operation of the BBC Software Asset Management processes
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities to optimise software licences used in the enterprise computing environment.
- Experience of Software Asset Management program development, implementation and delivery.
- ITIL accreditation (to at least foundation level) desirable but not essential.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here