BritBox is the fastest growing subscription video-on-demand service in the U.S. As well as the existing service in the U.S. and Canada, we are now expanding to new territories as part of our global expansion strategy.
The Britbox team at BBC is looking for backend developers to step up our in-house engineering capabilities and support our plan to expand into new territories over the next 3 years. Successful candidates will be responsible for designing and implementing integrations between the BBC's internal content pipeline and various third party partners and service providers. Typically this will be in the form of serverless applications developed in node.js and deployed on the AWS platform. We take a dev-ops approach, managing and supporting infrastructure as code using Terraform.
This hands-on delivery role in a (currently) small team. You will need to be flexible and deliver pragmatic solutions in a fast-paced environment, while promoting best practices high standards. The role would suit a development focused individual who has experience automating / integrating a broad range of systems and services.
- Working with BA to understand business requirements
- Identifying and implementing suitable technical solutions
- Performing code reviews
- Automated testing
- Producing technical documentation
- Applying security best practices
- Building automated processes
The Ideal Candidate
- Familiar with Agile working practices
- Experience with mobile and TV application SVOD development
- 3+ years Software engineering experience
- Experience in software design patterns and cloud based solutions
Contract type: Continuing
Location: London / Remote
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here