Join the Cloud Engineering team in crafting simple and effective solutions to solve business problems within our AWS cloud estate.
Cloud Engineering's goal is to create automated solutions and/or educate our wider organisation to streamline the process of developing applications for the teams creating BBC products including iPlayer / Sounds / Sport / News / Childrens.
Within this role you have the opportunity to truly make a difference to the development practices and security within the division.
The Ideal Candidate
- Two years industry experience of AWS Cloud Administration and/or Software Engineering resolving complex business problems
- Extensive experience leading the writing, testing and documentation of maintainable software within collaborative environments
- Present complex solutions effectively to differing technical abilities within both large and small group settings
- Lead the consideration of Non-functional requirements.
- Ability to rapidly acquire and apply new software skills and technologies to problems
- Takes responsibility for delivering work to completion across the team.
- Experience releasing software to production including load testing and threat modelling.
- Demonstrable technical and analytical experience working across business functions (Development / Product Owners / User Experience)
- Hold a current AWS certification
- Unix or Linux system administration experience
- Knowledge of Internet protocols, and AWS networking.
Contract type: Permanent - Full time
Location: Salford (Dock House Floor 2)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here